"Circus Olympus" A Mythical Comedy in Two Acts by Lindsay Price - Published by Theatrefolk Original Playscripts - will be performed at Greenville Middle School the weekend of January 27th & 28th, 2012 (www.theatrefolk.com)

*Stay tuned for more info!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Greek Food Extravaganza!

I am going to have a rehearsal on Saturday the 7th of January, I am sure it will be combined with a work call (to work on sets, props, costumes) and will give us an opportunity to have a Greek Food Extravaganza!

I'd like to let the kids try some traditional Greek Food to further submerge them into the world we are working in, and give them a little treat for all the work they are doing.

Just wanted to put this out there now so that everyone has plenty of time to "keep that date saved for rehearsal".  :o)  January 7th - Saturday Rehearsal; Time TBD

*I was also very fortunate to visit Athens myself, having made some wonderful native Greek friends while I was living and studying in London.  I will bring some pictures of my adventure for the kids to see - things like the ruins of The Acropolis, the ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, the Temple of Poseidon among other things.

~If anyone makes anything Greek and would like to do so for this occasion let me know!  Don't worry though, Mrs. Raskopf and I will take care of it.

I plan on cooking Tsoureki (which is a Greek Easter Bread), Tzatziki (a cucumber yogurt dip), Spanikopita (Spinach & Feta Pastry) & Moussaka (it's sort of an Eggplant lasagna Greek style), as well as providing Dolmades (Stuffed Grape Leaves) and Pomegranates - which I know can be purchased ... other things TBD.

Here's hoping I can get all that done.  Ha ha!  :)

~Ms. Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment